Commercial Denim Shirts

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to Lane Crawford. It just happened that I saw these shirts in their Causeway Bay store during my holiday shopping trip few days ago.


Boglioli denim shirt. Italian. A rather refined look. This is the formal slant I adore.


Camoshita (United Arrows) denim shirt. Japanese. More casual. Note the collar and the pocket.


Altea denim shirt. Italian. Very rustic. I personally dislike the style. 


Overall, I am not impressed by denim shirts in general. If I had to pick one I would go for the Boglioli, for reasons I have explained previously.

There are better Altea shirts out there. You can easily find a better-looking (meaning: less shabby-looking), more refined alternative from MrPorter.com. See the "Indigo-Dyed Cotton Shirt Jacket" for an example. Still, this is not something I would normally choose to wear.

That said, I have great respect for all the brands listed above. They offer well-made products at relatively reasonable prices, and deserve their international success - so it is mainly and likely entirely my prejudice against denim.

P.S. I will post my Camiceria Piccolo shirt review later this week. Simon Crompton mentioned this shop in his Sartorial Shopping Guide for Naples, but probably didn't care to try it out himself.

Until then, goodbye!


Comments